[Asterisk-Users] Set up SIP, now I'm getting a busy tone and weird (to me)messages on the console

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 04:18:21 MST 2005

> --- Tim Connolly <tim at timsnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Is NAT=yes on, are you behind a firewall? Give us
> > some connectivity details.
> > Usually when you see maximum retries, its because
> > you have one-way
> > communications with the far end for some reason.
> Are
> > you setting "externip"
> > statically?

THANKS, Tim! That nat=yes bit did the trick as far as
the console messages go. Now I see a "registration
successful" message on the console. (Is it normal for
this to happen every few minutes? I haven't timed it
but it looks like the registration is recurring every
couple of minutes, maybe even once every minute.)

Unfortunately, I still get only a busy tone when I
dial the Canadian DID. When I dial the Canadian
number, absolutely nothing happens on the console!

Interestingly, even when I dial the local California
number (I'm assuming it's still using IAX at that
point), it seems to go into the unwelcome-calls
extension (which I thought was sip-specific) and,
according to the console, plays the congestion stuff
which I never hear.

Thanks again,
Maya