[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home bug

Alejandro Kauffmann akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Sun May 1 18:45:25 MST 2005

We installed AAH .05, tweaked it and learned more about dialplans, Queues
(not included in that version of AMP), "upgrading" to CVS Head (needed
atxfer/automon) and anything else we needed to scale AAH to our needs (75
agents 15k+ calls/day)than I believe we would have learned by simply trying
to start with asterisk.  AAH does a great job of showing people new to *
what it can do once it's all put together.

While I agree that AAH questions tend to be simple in nature and in some
cases, as this one, not related to * mainstream installations, most of the
questions deal with AMP, zaptel, libpri, spandsp, .conf files, etc.  Please
try not to immediately dismiss AAH questions to the forums simply because
they are prefixed by "need help AAH".

Now as for this question in particular, come on guys do a bit of leg
work....

>From install_addon.sh (added in .9)

echo " -------------------------------------------"
echo "|    Installing RS-232 console on COM1      |"
echo " -------------------------------------------"
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
if ! grep ttyS0 /etc/securetty >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	echo "s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -i -h -L 9600 ttyS0 vt100" >>
/etc/inittab
	echo ttyS0 >> /etc/securetty
fi

Try downloading the tarball and looking at what it is that you are blindly
installing on your system everytime you download the iso and burn it.

/rant off

Alex