[Asterisk-Users] Can this be done?

Joseph Gutowski asteriskdump at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:19:15 MST 2005

You can use SetCIDNum and the name equivalent to add information to
either the number or name to indicate which line it was coming in on.

I have extensions for some employees that ring their home phones with
business calls. I append "YRN-" to the front of the caller ID name so
they know it's a business call and can make sure they're in an
appropriate situation (no tv noise, etc.) before they answer it.

SetCIDNum(99${CALLERIDNUM}) -- would add a 99 before the number.

Use this in your dial plan before you execute the Dial command. It should work.

I haven't had good luck getting distinctive ring to work, but then
again I haven't spent more than a very small amount of time playing
with it.

This is quick, easy, and usable on a wider variety of devices (not
everything supports distinctive ring).