[Asterisk-Users] Online forums vs email list...

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:52:12 MST 2005

> I am curious just what the advantages of an email forum over an online
> one.
Main advantage : I don't have to go to a website and check if there is
some new post. I receive them when there is one.

I can't imagine that all the people on this list would go there every
day to check it.

> Some advantages to an online forum might be the ability to see
> the number of views on a thread, number of answers on a thread without
> counting the stupid emails, moving a thread to a sticky position to use
> as a FAQ, etc. Do not get me wrong I am a big command line fan with
Maybe you would like Gmail. It present you the mail as a conversation
(like a newsgroup) and let you use the power of google to search in
your mail. If you want an invite, drop me a mail and I'll gladly send
you one.

Have a nice day