[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Mar 31 16:48:59 MST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 10:26, Chuck Bunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Asterisk and the first thing I have noticed about Asterisk
> and Pingtels open PBX's is that they are using this dinosaur method of
> running forums. It is a real pain getting every message in the forum and
> essentially keeping my own database of issues. With that said are there
> any forums that are well used or that might even convert this email in a
> true forum that is searchable and that doesn't require me downloading
> every email. Before you go and rant on me go see how Mambo Server does
> it at  http://forum.mamboserver.com. The forums are easy to use and thus
> are easy to participate in. I use mozilla Thunderbird and I have setup
> filters and all but it still is a pain to use this outdated email forum.
>
> Thanks

Well I for one would not like to see it change from mailing list. It's much
easier to work with and search as I need to. Web lists are too slow to move
around for one. I for one would not frequent a forum unless I had no other
choice.

It sounds like you have a crappy mail client and are trying to work around it.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin