[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Mar 31 14:39:57 MST 2005

On 2005-03-31, Chuck Bunn <chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com> wrote:
> I am new to Asterisk and the first thing I have noticed about Asterisk
> and Pingtels open PBX's is that they are using this dinosaur method of
> running forums. It is a real pain getting every message in the forum and

It is a real pain to have to dial up to the Internet, remember dozens of
passwords for different web sites, each of which have a slow interface,
different from one site to the next, and don't allow basic things I've
been able to do with e-mail for years, such as download it to my laptop
and read it in the car.

Seriously, check out gmane.org, which will give you a web-based
interface to this and plenty of other groups, should you have a sudden
urge for that sort of web-based pain.

-- John