[Asterisk-Users] ser -> asterisk ->cisco gateway

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Thu Mar 31 12:33:56 MST 2005

I am about to embark down the path of hooking up SER to Asterisk so my
understanding may be incorrect. I hope an expert will correct me if I'm
wrong.

My understanding is this:
1. Asterisk doesn't strictly "forward" calls in the way you suggest. It acts
as a UA and bridges the call. Have a look at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20SIP%20not-proxy for
more.
2. To do what you want I think you need to set each sip client up in
sip.conf. The article at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+at+large
discusses voicemail integration between Asterisk and SER but should be
helpful for you.

Regards

Cameron