[Asterisk-Users] sharing asterisk among several companies

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Thu Mar 31 06:20:32 MST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to configure Asterisk to be used by two (or more) different remote companies, sharing the same instance of Asterisk on my host.

By setting specific entry contexts for each sip user, I can repeat extensions among companies.

My question is: is it possible to have repeated users on sip.conf being identified by their different passwords? I tried to do that but got an authentication failure. Is there a way to do this? Or I should always have different usernames?

Thank you
Dov