[Asterisk-Users] Time sync on PRI

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Mar 31 11:59:47 MST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Morten Isaksen wrote:

> Before the Asterisk part was inserted the customer claims that their
> PABC automatic changed the clock acourding to daylight saving time
> from the PRI.
>
> Now the customer says that it is not working any more.
>
> We are using pri_net signalling up against the PABC and pri_cpe on the
> other interface.
>
> Does Asterisk send time syncronisation on pri_net signalling? Is there
> a configuration setting that enables that?

No, asterisk currently does not send date/time.

> Is it possible to sync the computer clock with the time from the PRI?
> The Asterisk server is not connected to a network so NTP is not an
> option.

Not at the moment.

It would not be very hard to add both features to libpri. Libpri already
has a function to decode and dump the time/date information. If I remember
correctly the time/date IE should be added to the SETUP messages. I have
been thinking about adding it, but have not had the time.

Peter