[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this emailforum??

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Thu Mar 31 09:00:26 MST 2005

> With that said are there any forums that are well used
> or that might even convert this email in a true
> forum that is searchable and that doesn't require me
> downloading every email.

Personally, I much prefer the mailing list approach to the online forums. In
my opinion mailing lists aren't dinosaurs, instead I think of online forums
as mailing lists for dummys. There are a _very_ few advantages to online
forums and many advantages to mailing lists. (And yes, I have used the mambo
forums). If only we could get people to quit posting in HTML email, life
would be grand. :)

As for searching, one trick you should know is that you can search this
mailing list easily by using google and adding "site:lists.digium.com" to
the end of the search string. Since the mailing list is archived on Digium's
website, that does a nice job of searching all the Asterisk lists.

Be seeing you.