[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk Realtime - configuration help

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Mar 31 09:01:30 MST 2005

Shaoul Jacobson - TELLINK wrote:

> (re-posted since I did not see my original one after some time)

    You must be more patient than that. Sometimes my posts take a good hour
to show.

> I can access the database from a remote windows pc with access via
> odbc & locally with sql admin & sql browser.

    This tells me that you are using the ODBC driver. Lets keep that in
mind.

> sipfriends => odbc,asterisk,sipbuddies

    sipfriends is deprecated. You should have seen the warning. This tells
me that you did not infact read the wiki.

> extensions.conf
> ===============
> [from-sip]
> switch => Realtime/from-sip at sipfriends

    The [] context cannot be the same as the Realtime context.

> nat type username disallow allow
> -1 friend 1007 all g729  (I bought licenses)
> -1 friend 1015 all g729

    Your nat field is wrong. This again..woops..the wiki was never updated
for this. OK. Your clear on this one. Your nat field should be varchar(5)
using "yes", "no", "never", or "route".

    (wiki updated)

> Realtime mysql status shows :
> "connected to asterisk at 127.0.0.1, port 3306 wih username asterisk for
> xx minutes"

    Now this is interesting. Above you said you were using ODBC. And all
your extconfig stuff says ODBC, but this command here doesn't query via
ODBC, it queries MySQL directly. So which is it?

-Matthew