[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as Cisco Call-Manager - dial out to PSTN

Mario Spendier Mario.Spendier at at.flextronics.com
Thu Mar 31 07:05:27 MST 2005

Hi Maron,

Thank you for your answer! I use a simple cisco router 2621XM as call
gateway with the following configuration:

interface Loopback79

 description ALT-VoIP-Gateway

 ip address 10.xxx 255.255.255.255

 h323-gateway voip interface

 h323-gateway voip id Ldnxxx ipaddr 10.xxx 1719 priority 120

 h323-gateway voip h323-id Altxxx at xxx.com

 h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 301

 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.xxx

The structure is ...

Sip-phone --> SIP --> Asterisk as call-manager  (extension 399) --> H.323
--> cisco gatekeeper (extension 6666) --> H.323 --> cisco gateway (extension
302) --> E1 PSTN

Iif I dial now with the "Sip-phone": 6666 302 [PSTN number (handy number,
....)] I should be able to telephone the the PSTN of the gateway with the
extension 302. It works within cisco devices perfectly but not with
asterisk. Can you tell me your experiences and practices??

Thanks a lot!!

Mario

  _____