[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Isamar Maia isamar at isamarmaia.org
Thu Mar 31 02:32:40 MST 2005

> Isamar Maia wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand this *love* for Digium. Digium is a commercial
> > institution, period.
> >

> Yes, but.  They are a commercial institution which took an enormous risk
> by giving away for free what is undeniably their most valuable product.

So, if Linus Torvalds had a company I would need to buy products from him?
If they assumed this "risk", great! I will remember to send a postcard in
the Christmas to them.
More hardware companies support Asterisk with Zap drivers, cheaper will be
the boards, better quality will be provided and in the end of the day, the
community will have all the benefits. The name of it is competition.
Or it's a monopoly?
Maybe Japan or other countries with own crazy standards are not a
commercial interest of Digium like they are for Avaya, Dialogic, Aculab
and stuff... the "open and free" competition should happen because the
world is not USA and AFAIK it's GPL.

> I'm sorry you have trouble understanding this.  I feel that for many of
> us it is pretty clear.

Yes. I see. Very clear.

Isamar