[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Mar 30 18:03:22 MST 2005

Hello,

We have been testing a Sangoma quad T1 card here for the last few months,
not in production yet. There are a few issues with non-PRI T1s connected to
it(Robbed-bit RBS) and it just plain doesn't work with D4/AMI signalling.
But if you have only PRI circuits then yes it does use less CPU and less
interrupts. Once our testing is done we will post a full review on the list,
but there are still some things that we have to iron out since we still use
RBS T1s at our locations.

Two things to keep in mind about Sangoma, they do not actively support
Asterisk development and they have not done exhaustive testing with anything
but PRI circuits. With Digium, part of the purchase price goes to Asterisk
development and they have done extensive testing on all kinds of telco
circuits.

MATT---