[Asterisk-Users] SPA-841 Call waiting?

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Mar 30 16:41:10 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:21 -0500, Paul Dugas wrote:
> On Wed, March 30, 2005 5:55 pm, John Novack said:
> > What possessed them to put the mike on the bottom, instead of the front,
> > is beyond me. The small hole enlarged doesn't help either.
>
> My only issue with these phones is the inaudible speakerphone.  I can deal
> with the display and rubber buttons for a $100USD unit.  Picking up the
> base and talking directly into the mic made little if any improvement.
>
> A recent firmware release actually made things worse IMHO with seriously
> bad clipping of the leading and trailing ends of spoken phrases.  They've
> also added a feature to adjust the incoming gain on the speakerphone mic.
> Didn't help.

You noticed that too? The speakerphone was at least usable for me until
I upgraded the firmware. Now I can't even make out what most people are
saying.

I emailed there support, but didn't get a reply, and the latest firmware
that just came out in the last couple days doesn't mention anything
about the speakerphone in the changelog.

Other than that, I really like the phone. I hear people complain about
the display all the time, but personally I can see it fine when I use
the mount they send with the phone to put it on the proper angle.

Without using the mount the display is very difficult to read though.

--
Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>