[Asterisk-Users] SPA-841 Call waiting?

Paul Dugas paul at dugasenterprises.com
Wed Mar 30 16:21:57 MST 2005

On Wed, March 30, 2005 5:55 pm, John Novack said:
> What possessed them to put the mike on the bottom, instead of the front,
> is beyond me. The small hole enlarged doesn't help either.

My only issue with these phones is the inaudible speakerphone.  I can deal
with the display and rubber buttons for a $100USD unit.  Picking up the
base and talking directly into the mic made little if any improvement.

A recent firmware release actually made things worse IMHO with seriously
bad clipping of the leading and trailing ends of spoken phrases.  They've
also added a feature to adjust the incoming gain on the speakerphone mic.
Didn't help.

It's worse than the first speaker phone I used 15 years ago!  I hated that
thing.  I truely hope this is a quickly repaired growing pain from this
outfit as their other devices have been good for me.

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                    Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugasenterprises.com        1711 Indian Ridge Drive