[Asterisk-Users] Help with Application Development in Asterisk

Alex Vishnev avishnev at optonline.net
Wed Mar 30 14:57:13 MST 2005

All,

I need some help figuring out the best way to write applications for
asterisk. I am trying to implement something similar to astcc pre-paid
application where the application will need to play voice prompts, collect
tones and perform queries over TCP sockets. It will also need to redirect
signaling channel if needed. Looking at astcc (Perl AGI Module), I saw that
a new instance of perl was spawned for every call. This is not very
scalable. Looking at some alternative I found that there is a manager
interface that can monitor channels. However, I am not sure if this is a
best approach either. Can someone recommend/comment on their experience
writing applications? What method was chosen and why?

Sincerely,

TIA
Alex