[Asterisk-Users] Re: Which analog phones to use and why?

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Mar 29 19:02:53 MST 2005

On 2005-03-28, tmassey at obscorp.com <tmassey at obscorp.com> wrote:
> I was just wondering how others are addressing this.  You can't all be
> making receptionists memorize codes, are you?  :)

At my workplace (which does not use asterisk), most phones are the
standard beige desk phones from the 1970s -- feel like 10 pounds and are
luck to have touch tone.  (ours even have a voicemail indicator light --
the only feature that grandma's phone doesn't have!)  We probably have
150 people with these, and about 15 with anything better than that.

Seems to work fine for people.

-- John