[Asterisk-Users] help w/ basics

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Tue Mar 29 16:34:31 MST 2005

Unfortunately, the polycom phone was a bad choice from a beginner's perspective, as it loads it's firmware/config from a boot server every time it's powered up, and won't work without it.

Get a softphone (firefly, xten) running on a PC first (to ensure that your asterisk is OK).

Take your Polycom back to the shop, and get a cheap-ass Grandstream Budgetone.