[Asterisk-Users] IAX vs SIP (music on hold)

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Tue Mar 29 15:11:54 MST 2005

dbakkerlist at arrayasolutions.com wrote:

>Does IAX support music on hold? It seems only my SIP phones do. Is this
>correct?

As I understand it, once the call is delivered to asterisk, it becomes
abstracted into a channel.  And you can do anything to one channel that
you can do to other channels ( with a few notable exceptions including
zap channels ).

So it shouldn't make a difference whether it's sip/iax/zap as far as MoH
is concerned.  What may cause issues is what class of MoH is specified,
by default and otherwise.  But as I haven't tinkered with that a great
deal yet, I can't tell you much beyond that.

Good luck

Sean