[Asterisk-Users] Problem with 401 Unauthorized

Mike Miller mikeage at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:53:42 MST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:37:24 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming
<kpfleming at starnetworks.us> wrote:
> Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure where to start even -- It seems that the problem is with
> > the response to the digest authentication, but I'm not sure how to fix
> > that. The log below is from linphone, but I see the exact same thing
> > with kphone and xten from a indows box as well.
>
> You are right (obviously), Asterisk is rejecting the REGISTER requests.
> However, without seeing the relevant portions of your sip.conf file, we
> cannot begin to tell you what is wrong, since we are not telepathic (as
> much as we may wish to be!).
>
> Some things that can cause this:
>
> - no type=peer entry that matches
> - the peer entry is not host=dynamic
> - the peer entry has permit/deny that disallow this device's IP address

Based on what you wrote -- I'm using type=friend, not type=peer. This
should be ok, though, correct? (As friend == peer + user, right?)

sip.conf:
[general]
context=default    ; Default context for incoming calls
realm=192.168.1.100    ; Realm for digest authentication
port=5060    ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0    ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
srvlookup=yes    ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

[203]
type=friend
username=203
context=internal
secret=203
qualify=no    ; linphone will become unreachable if qualify=yes
host=dynamic
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
disallow=all    ; only the sensible codecs
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm