[Asterisk-Users] Problem with 401 Unauthorized

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Mar 29 07:37:24 MST 2005

Mike Miller wrote:

> I'm not sure where to start even -- It seems that the problem is with
> the response to the digest authentication, but I'm not sure how to fix
> that. The log below is from linphone, but I see the exact same thing
> with kphone and xten from a indows box as well.

You are right (obviously), Asterisk is rejecting the REGISTER requests.
However, without seeing the relevant portions of your sip.conf file, we
cannot begin to tell you what is wrong, since we are not telepathic (as
much as we may wish to be!).

Some things that can cause this:

- no type=peer entry that matches
- the peer entry is not host=dynamic
- the peer entry has permit/deny that disallow this device's IP address