[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Provider problems

Tue Mar 29 03:52:51 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 12:36 +0200, Ismael Gil wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We recently configure an asterisk server to use with an VoIP provider
> to make calls to a PSTN. We use (voipjet, nufone, diamond....)

If you find the same problem with multiple ITSP's, then it may not be
them that is at fault.

> We feel that we haven't got the quality that we hope. Sometimes our
> calls gets mute, or we feel communication cuts on our phone calls.
> We have got an QOS router (Draytek) reserving 1/2 of our wideband to
> the SIP an IAX2 protocols, and an ADSL line about 2 Mb.

Sounds like it should be quite adequate... how many simultaneous calls
are you doing?

> We feel our quality decrease when in US are about 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning.

What time is that for your local time? Is there something that might be
happening at/around that time for you? eg, here, around 3 - 6pm is quite
busy as school kids get home and go on the internet, same for people
getting home from work. In fact, my vague recollection is that things
just get busier until around 11pm, before they really slow down.

While this doesn't have any relation to *your* adsl connection, think
about what this might be doing to your ISP's internet connection....

> We do not know if this is it correct or all the people using VoIp
> provider feel the same quality?

Not that I would know, but I get the feeling that most people get
extremely good quality calls over a decent internet connection.

> Anyone knows any provider without this kind of problems?
> Witch provider do you use to get the best sounds quality?

I've not used any, so can't comment on this.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers