[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Provider problems

Ismael Gil obihuan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:36:51 MST 2005

Hello all,

We recently configure an asterisk server to use with an VoIP provider
to make calls to a PSTN. We use (voipjet, nufone, diamond....)

We feel that we haven't got the quality that we hope. Sometimes our
calls gets mute, or we feel communication cuts on our phone calls.
We have got an QOS router (Draytek) reserving 1/2 of our wideband to
the SIP an IAX2 protocols, and an ADSL line about 2 Mb.

We feel our quality decrease when in US are about 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning.

We do not know if this is it correct or all the people using VoIp
provider feel the same quality?
Anyone knows any provider without this kind of problems?
Witch provider do you use to get the best sounds quality?

Any clue will be welcomed.

Thanks for your time

Obihuan.