[Asterisk-Users] Sounds gets choppy after 30 seconds

Peter Dean peter.john.dean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:45:05 MST 2005

Is your network equipment QoS aware? If so have you implemented a high
priority for VoIP (IAX, SIP, etc) and lower priority (SSH, HTTP, etc)
for other networking traffic?

Also it doesn't hurt to have a QoS policy on your Linux (if you are
using Linux) box where Asterisk is running too.

Plus your networked VoIP devices too.

This is what I have needed to do as I progressed from Proof-of-Concept
to Beta testing.

BTW, both iax.conf and sip.conf carry the tos parameter.
e.g. tos=0x18