[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, SER, NAT, STUN and the whole debate

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Mon Mar 28 23:37:21 MST 2005

Guys.

Im reading a lot about ser, nat, stun, etc. And I noticed there are a lot of
ways to get around nat but I would like to hear some success stories about
handling nat users with multiple voip phones behind nat.

I have my asterisk box behind but ports are forwarded (5060 5004 10000-20000
for rtp and 4569 for iax2) but still.. I can quite figure out what ser and
stund have to do on this scenarios.

I know ser is a sip proxy and stun helps you get your outside ip known but I
would like to hear some actual setups and how people are solving the nat
issue within scenarios like:

Asterisk - nat (ports forwarded) - internet - nat - multiple voup phones

Any good stories? Ive read the wiki, googled, etc. But I guess its time to
hear what people have actually done and works. Why reinvent the wheel.