[Asterisk-Users] call center: agents, queues, sip

dovb dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Mar 28 19:50:25 MST 2005

Hi,

I am doing some tests with Asterisk's ACD capability, and as far as I
could go I have realized that each agent defined in agents.conf must
keep a session (call) open with Asterisk in order to be considered
online. When a user calls, the agent receives a beep notification in his
softphone and he answers to the pending call in the open channel and
after the call ends he remains on the open channel.

My question is about the session that remains open between each agent
and *... Does it maintain an RTP session open? Could several agents
(with open channels) overload the network? What messages are sent
between an open (but on hold) channel and *?

Why does the agent has to be always "connect"? Is there a way to close
the connection and have * to call the correct agent when a call arrives?

Thank you!
Dov