[Asterisk-Users] 8 channel fxo setup outgoing call problem

Mike Flynn mike at agftech.com
Mon Mar 28 13:04:33 MST 2005

I have an eight channel fxo setup (2 TDM400P cards) and I have them setup.  Here are my configs:

Zaptel.conf:

fxsks=1-8
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Zapata.conf:

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

musiconhold=default
rxwink=300  ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callerid=xxxxxx
callwaiting=yes
busydetect=no
callprogress=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
;faxdetect=incoming
faxdetect=no

signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
context=from-pstn
channel=>1-8

Now calling in is no problem, all the channels pick up the incoming call just fine.  However, for some reason, calling out does not work.

When I dial out (I have a default trunk setup) I get this on the console:

    -- Executing Macro("SIP/201-1d90", "dialout-default|636399xxx") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/201-1d90", "1?4") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-dialout-default,s,4)
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/201-1d90", "1?6") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-dialout-default,s,6)
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/201-1d90", "ZAP/g0/6363997681") in new stack
    -- Called g0/636399xxxx
    -- Zap/1-1 answered SIP/201-1d90

But it doesn't answer, nothing rings (locally or on my cellphone, the test number I'm calling out to) it just says "connected" on the local phone but its not actually connecting.  This problem is very weird because as of 5 hours ago, I only had 1 TDM400P card and 1 FXO chip and I could make outgoing calls with no problems at all.

P.S.
I have checked the phone line I'm testing this on and it is fine.