[Asterisk-Users] ADIT 600 "Dynamic Impedance matching"

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Mon Mar 28 06:15:18 MST 2005

Thanks for the response, it's a rather simple setup. What worries me is
we're going into an old PBX, the channelbank goes 25pair about 20 feet
to a punchdown block. Then from the block goes to another block
(standard telco room layout) then to the phone system. The old phone
system is a Meridian, about 20 years old. All the phones coming off that
are analog from what I gather, the building wiring can range from 5 - 50
years old.

What's unusual is I've never heard this echo personally. I've had the
customer call from different phones of course and I've dialed out from
these phones to even my cell phone and haven't had a problem. What's odd
is this seems to be random, if I could get it to happen everytime on a
single phone then I could point fingers at the internal wiring. shrug,
else all I have to blame is the cb or the wiring between it and the pbx.

Thoughts?