[Asterisk-Users] trying to add the free voipjet test to my asterisk at home???

Art Zemon art at hens-teeth.net
Sun Mar 27 08:28:12 MST 2005

Jon Walsh wrote:

>No Dice so far,  anyone now how to add anIAX trunk? What are the
>settings exactly?

Jon,

It took me awhile to get voipjet working with AAH because I was stubborn
and wanted to get it going through the AMP interface, instead of by hand
crafting the .conf files.

The trick was that I had to make *two* trunks for voipjet. The second
trick was to ignore a buglette in AMP. Here is what I did:

   1. Create an IAX trunk. You *must* enter trunk name "1234 at voipjet"
      where 1234 is your voipjet ID. Cut 'n' paste all of the other
      details from voipjet's site into the outgoing peer details window.
      Leave all of the incoming stuff and the registration string blank;
      you can't receive calls through voipjet.
   2. Create a second IAX trunk. You *must* name this trunk "voipjet". I
      entered all of the same info here, too, but I think that all you
      need in the peer details is the host= line.

If you don't create the second trunk, you will get a message in the log
that is something like "voipjet: host not found" when * tries to dial
with the string "IAX2/1234 at voipjet/16365551212"

The buglette is that if you try to re-edit the first trunk, the first
digit from the trunk name will be missing. Fear not, the trunk name is
stored correctly THE FIRST TIME YOU SAVE. After that, AMP will mess it
up and you will need to remember to manually correct the trunk name if
you edit and save.

Cheers,
    -- Art Z.

--