[Asterisk-Users] Push VLAN to Polycom via DHCP

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:10:38 MST 2005

> > Has anyone been succesful pushing a VLAN setting to a Polycom phone via DHCP?

>  Chicken or the egg!  How can the Polycom reach the proper DHCP server
> if it is not on the correct VLAN?  That's why Ciscos and Polycoms
> support CDP, so the CDP-capable switch can supply the correct voice VLAN.

I 'assumed' the phone would reboot with the new VLAN setting and get a
new IP address from the DHCP server on the phone VLAN - there would be
two DHCP servers.

I can't think of any other way to make it work with DHCP.  If it isn't
designed to work that way, why would they put the option in the DHCP
section.

-Matt