[Asterisk-Users] Push VLAN to Polycom via DHCP

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Mar 26 22:22:42 MST 2005

Matt Darnell wrote:
> Has anyone been succesful pushing a VLAN setting to a Polycom phone via DHCP?
>
> I can push the boot server via option 66 but that is about it.
>
> I have set it for 'fixed' and tried many different option numbers with
> a couple differnet DHCP servers.
>
> SIP firmware 1.3.4 or 1.4.1 doesn't make a difference.
>
> Aloha,
> Matt

Matt,

	Chicken or the egg!  How can the Polycom reach the proper DHCP server
if it is not on the correct VLAN?  That's why Ciscos and Polycoms
support CDP, so the CDP-capable switch can supply the correct voice VLAN.

	There was a discussion about this a while back, but I don't remember
what the outcome was.

--
Kristian Kielhofner