[Asterisk-Users] Look at that Digium Broadband Modem!

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Mar 26 04:17:39 MST 2005

On Mar 26, 2005, at 7:47, Remco Barende wrote:
> Correct, but I've also seen many reports that replacing the power cube
> of the IAXy with one that can provide ample power did solve the
> problems and even resurrected 'dead' IAXY's.

You know, since the only power supply that came with the IAXy when I
bought it was for US-style outlets and I'm in Germany the first thing I
did was throw away the original brick and connected a generic one where
you can select voltage and polarity. Hearing about the possibility of
power supply problems several times now made me think that the reason I
haven't had any of the problems is because of the much-stronger (in
terms of available amperage) power brick I use.

A few days ago I had the first-ever problem with the IAXy, after
probably three months uptime. I picked up the receiver and hear static
instead of a dial tone. power-cycling the device fixed it.

jens