[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe/Conference

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Mar 26 00:28:57 MST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, oi geli wrote:

> Is it possible to invite a 3rd party into to
> conference? Something like, conference is ongoing,
> pressing # would allow to dial the number, if that
> number answers, will be automatically added in the
> conference.
>
> I did search the mailing list, wiki pages and google.
> There were some discussion but no specific answer. May
> be I may have missed. I would appreciate any response.

There are a few ways to invite people.

 * If you need to talk to the invited party before adding them to the
   conference (perhaps a hotel room without DID) you need the patch
   from
      http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0003405

 * You could use the manager interface or a call file to place a call
   that, when answered, places the new party in the conference
   autmatically.

 * Various scenarios based on one of the above.

Peter