[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk compare with Skype

Stephen myvoip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:38:01 MST 2005

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments and opinions.

I think in terms of features and flexibility , Asterisk is better than
Skype. But in terms simplicity, Skype is better.
The problem I face is to switch Skype users to use Asterisk. Some of
them use Skype for business use (on-net call) and they said Skype is
enough for their business use already and find no need to use IP PBX.

I think probably I need to educate them what Skype is and what Asterisk is.

Maybe Asterisk community need to come up with a management system that
can manage Asterisk in much simple way.

We have to work harder to outshine Skype . : )

Cheers,
Stephen