[Asterisk-Users] 2 companies - one asterisk

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Fri Mar 25 17:06:53 MST 2005

I have working with a polycom IP500 phone.

I like the idea of having each line button on the phone as a separate
sip device.  If I understand it right, each phone could have three
extensions (one for each line.)  This would be great since I could then
use the dialplan to forward calls to the desired extension.

I envision something like this:
Extenson 101  - Company-A
Extension 102 - Company B

I've adjusted my dialplan to prepend a "hint" to the callerid so that I
know which menu choice the caller picked:
exten => 1,2,SetCIDName(A-Sales:  ${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 1,3,Macro(stdexten,101,SIP/ext101)
exten => 2,2,SetCIDName(A-Sup:  ${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 3,3,Macro(stdexten,101,SIP/ext101)

Now if I could get multiple extensions on one phone (one for each
button.) I would be all set.

Thanks!!

-N