[Asterisk-Users] small qos switch

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Mar 25 10:27:06 MST 2005

On 09:13, Fri 25 Mar 05, Bob Knight wrote:
> I have multiple locations running * where all the phone are
> on their own lan and all the data is on a separate lan.
> The problem is they are sharing the same dsl connection.
> The locations are IAX2 trunked together, but it only takes
> one data down/up load to just kill the voice.
>
> What I am looking for is a small switch with QoS that I
> can stick in ahead of the dsl modem.  Plug in one connection
> from the voice lan and one from the data lan.
>
> I have found quite a few 24 or 48 port switches that will do
> this, but I really do not need anything that big.  There are
> already switches in place.
>
> Any recommendations please?

You can install a bridging firewall loaded with your fav OS
for firewalling that supports qos (Linux, *BSD, Solaris)

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."