[Asterisk-Users] Multiple outgoing calls through VOIP providers

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Fri Mar 25 08:25:28 MST 2005

David Josephson wrote:

> Trying to get some straight info from the VOIP providers is difficult.
> Say there's a small Asterisk switch and it's registered with
> Broadvoice or LiveVOIP or someone. There are a couple of people using
> the switch, one is on an outgoing call with the VOIP provider. What
> happens when someone else initiates another outgoing call through that
> provider on the same SIP registry? Does * know that the SIP account is
> busy or does it dial out anyway? Does the provider care? Do I
> establish a call group of SIP accounts like I would of Zap trunks and
> Dial/g1 ?

Depends on the provider.  voicepulse allows up to 4 outgoing and 4
incoming connections on their connect service, which is iax2 by the
way.  Highly recommended for multiple calls.  I imagine if I hit that
limit, the call will fail and look for the t or i extension and run that.

I can only advise that you try it and watch the console.  It's usually
pretty clear what's happening.  You can then script the extension that
it's trying to jump to.

Sean