[Asterisk-Users] Multiple outgoing calls through VOIP providers

David Josephson dlj at altaphon.com
Fri Mar 25 01:00:03 MST 2005

Trying to get some straight info from the VOIP providers is difficult.
Say there's a small Asterisk switch and it's registered with Broadvoice
or LiveVOIP or someone. There are a couple of people using the switch,
one is on an outgoing call with the VOIP provider. What happens when
someone else initiates another outgoing call through that provider on
the same SIP registry? Does * know that the SIP account is busy or does
it dial out anyway? Does the provider care? Do I establish a call group
of SIP accounts like I would of Zap trunks and Dial/g1 ?