[Asterisk-Users] RE: Forwarding to regular numbers?

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Mar 25 08:20:59 MST 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 10:09, Jeff R Glassman wrote:
> Message: 16
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:06:21 -0700
> From: JD <jd at twingeckos.com>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users]
>  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> I'm trying to set up extensions and have them forward to my cell phone
> or other phones I have and include them in call groups.
> I tried *72480204xxxx and *7298480204xxxx,  I get the recording that
> unconditional forwarding is set to that number..
> but when I call that extension I just get silence and eventually it
> hangs up.
>
> Someone throw me a clue stick?

Hmm, I'm not sure if I get what you are asking for correctly but this is what
I do.

One line dials my extension with a timout value like 20 sec.
One could put a message saying trying next extension, please wait.
Next line dials my cell with a timeout value like 20 sec.
Last line (timeout) goes to VM.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin