[Asterisk-Users] Re: Dial Out??

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Mar 25 07:24:04 MST 2005

Hi Noah -

> I've managed to get my asterisk server up and running with a single
> POTS
> line and a polycom IP500.
>
> It will happily answer the phone line, tranfer calls, voicemail, etc.
>
> The problem comes when I pick up the polycom phone and want to place an
> outside call.
> If I dial 913237773456  it just gives me a fast busy before I can enter
> the last digig
> If I just dial 97773456  it waits a second or two and then gives me the
> same fast busy.
>
> I have a Digium card running the Zaptel inerface.  I know it works
> because * will answer incomming calls fine.
>
> I am using the sample extensions.cfg file that came with asterisk.  I
> only changed the following line:
> TRUNK=Zap/1

The sample config changes from time to time, and is not always
particularly useful for a working asterisk install.  You're going to
need to write it yourself.

1. You'll need to see what's going on when you dial.  To do so, run
asterisk like this:  asterisk -vvvvvvrgc
That will give you enough detail on the console that you can see
everything that asterisk is doing.

2. What do your current outgoing exten statements look like?

3. Take a look on the WIKI at how to configure extensions.conf:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

If that doesn't answer your questions, do a thorough search of the list
with google:

<search terms> site:lists.digium.com

Thanks,
Noah