[Asterisk-Users] Advanced Cisco 7960 Config

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:01:31 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:26:27 -0800, Max Clark <max at clarksys.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Good evening

> I have a working (it was a pain) set of Cisco 7960 phones. In order to
> dial I have to either pick up the handset or select the line and then
> dial the extension or outside line. How do I configure the dialplan so I
> can:
>
> - Start dialing via the keypad and have the phone automatically go to
> speaker on the first line?

The 7960 doesn't have a hot keypad (the cheaper and "less featured in
other ways" 7905G/7912G phones do though - go figure).

You need to press Speaker first.

> - Give the user dialtone after they dial '9'?

In your dialplan, add a , after 9. eg:

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,.*" Timeout="3" User="Phone"/>

> A while ago I found a cool asterisk/penguin logo to use on the phone,
> can anyone point me to a place I can download this again?

Wouldn't have a clue, but would also like to know :)

-Shaun