[Asterisk-Users] Toll-free DID switchover: Get status?

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Thu Mar 24 17:03:15 MST 2005

"Switchover" comes with your LOA to the new carrier.
They (or the company actiing as their RESPORG) program you number in
SMS/800.
The old company can drag their feet for a few days in releasing your
number just to keep biling you.
Your new company can do an emergency request.  It's $35-$50 on time charge
to force the change in about a day.

Sounds like you number is pointed in the wrong direction if you are
getting all of the weird recordings.
James