[Asterisk-Users] Toll-free DID switchover: Get status?

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Thu Mar 24 09:24:51 MST 2005

Hello!

I am in the middle of having a vanity toll-free DID set up.  It's been 13
days now (9 business days).  This is the first time I'm doing this, and
I'm not sure of the process.  There has been a very weird progression of
changes on my number, from fast-busy, to a message saying that I'm calling
from a phone with restrictions (no matter *what* line I call from), to a
number advertising a $4/min "national directory assistance", and now back
to the restrictions error message.

Is there a way to track the status of a toll-free DID switchover?  I've
checked the AT&T database and they no longer show my number as being
available (and I hope that's because I'm getting it!  :)  ), but that's
all I've been able to find out.  The company performing the switchover has
been less than proactive in giving me information on this, even after
several requests.  I understand that much (if not all) of the switchover
is out of their hands;  however, I would really like to know why my DID
seems to be taking such a strange (and seemingly slow) roller-coaster
road, and more important, when I'll be able to get off!

Thank you for any information you would be able to provide!  It seems that
toll-free is its own little world, and they don't want others to be
involved.  I would appreciate any help you would be able to provide.

Tim Massey