[Asterisk-Users] Newbie pointers

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:19:09 MST 2005

We all at one time were in the same boat.  Well my suggestion is do allot of
reading on the wiki for asterisk, 2nd get your self a PC load Asterisk at home
and start working with it.  It has everything you need to get started.  And
it works.  Now you don't have to keep it with the supplied .conf files you
can change them and add to them.  But it will get you started the right way.

Also the chat on freenode #asterisk is very good for information.

Wiki => http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

Asterisk at home => http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Good luck and welcome to our club.