[Asterisk-Users] Newbie pointers

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:50:27 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:45:58 +0100, Fred Blaise <fred.blaise at excilan.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I have come to Asterisk with no previous telco experience.
> As I will be playing with Asterisk really soon, I would like to have
> some pointers as to some tutorials in telco that could help me get into
> all this. I am quite a beginner, don't forget :)
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Best,
> fred

Everything that everyone already said is good advice.

If you a PDF document on installing Debian Stable, I would be happy to
provide one for you. Just email me off-list.

What I did was just installed Asterisk Stable, install the sample
config files, and then started Asterisk. I just looked at the example
configs and modified them. They are a great source of knowledge as
well, in the commented sections.

Also, just to echo what has already been said, the wiki is a great
reference. Learn how to search through it and you'll be all set.

I too had very limited telecom experience prior to checking out
Asterisk, but it has got my interest for sure, and I've learned quite
a lot.
--
Dana