[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse Issues

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Mar 24 13:40:33 MST 2005

Adam Robins wrote:

>I recently switched from BroadVoice to VoicePulse Connect on my Asterisk
>box.  Too many Meetme quality complaints (whether real or perceived).
>
>I had to make a choice to use IAX2 or SIP with VoicePulse.  I first
>tried to go with SIP because I already had it working and all of our
>devices are SIP.  Problem is that every time I turn my back, the
>Asterisk registration with the VoicePulse SIP server times out.
>
>So, I switched to IAX2.  Now, everything works fine 95% of the time . .
>. but every once in a while, perhaps 5 seconds into a call or 20 minutes
>into a call, the call will simply drop.  This occurs several times per
>week with no observable pattern.  I have attached an excerpt from the
>log file at the end of this message.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this?  Know what is causing it?  Has anyone
>gotten VoicePulse Connect to work with SIP?
>
>Thanks,
>Adam

In cases where a provider offers a choice of SIP or IAX2 I have been
wondering if the provider would be using a * server in either case. I
prefer IAX2 as long as I know the provider has adequate server capacity
for the load. Otherwise I would think that getting my handoff directly
from SIP gateways would be more reliable.