[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: [Soekris] net5801 & net7501]

John Breeden jbreeden at plumhall.com
Wed Mar 23 18:35:00 MST 2005

FYI - new soekris boxes ......

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Soekris] net5801 & net7501
Date: 	Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:34:20 -0800
From: 	Soren Kristensen <soren at soekris.com>
To: 	Jabbar Fagan <jabbarfagan at yahoo.com>
CC: 	soekris-tech at lists.soekris.com

Hi Jabber & List,

Jabbar Fagan wrote:

> May I ask why the switch to Intel architecture for the
> upcoming net5801? Will the net7501 be based on Celeron
> as well?  BTW -When can we expect the new products?

Ok, it keep comming up.... My current product plans:

net5501:

AMD Geode-2, 500+ Mhz, ddr dimm memory, 4x ethernet, maybe 2x gigabit
ethernet option, 2x SATA, 2x PCI slots, 19" 1U case, otherwise as rest
of family.

Target: Late summer 2005, assuming availability of new chips.

net7501:

AMD Mobile Athlon-64 & Mobile Sempron, ddr dimm memory, 2x gigabit
ethernet, 2x ethernet, 2x SATA, 2x PCI-X slots, 19" 1U case, otherwise
as rest of family.

Target: Hmm, I need to hire some more people, then maybe late summer
2005 too....

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen