[Asterisk-Users] Reg Asterisk

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Wed Mar 23 12:15:55 MST 2005

>>  Confidentiality Notice
>>
>>  The information contained in this electronic message and any
>> attachments to
>> this message are intended
>>  for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain
>> confidential or
>> privileged information. If
>>  you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at
>> Wipro or
>> Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately
>>  and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
>>
> I'm not one of the addressees' unless that since I'm subscribed I am.
> However these messages get archived and are available for everybody to
> see at lists.digium.com I believe this makes your posting messages to
> this list a paradox with the disclaimer you have. CANT YOU JUST GET
> RID OF THIS RIDICULES DISCLAIMER? at least when posting to lists.

Moreover than just an annoyance, all the pointless (and off topic!)
words in these footers create bogus indexes when Googling. Which
further diminishes the power of this list and its
searchability/value/self-sustainment.

I wish the subscribe info contained some key points such as:

1. SEND NO FOOTERS
2. Use a REAL subject line... you might as well NEVER say:
     a. Noob question
     b. Need help please
     c. Weird problem

... because all of the above are completely self-evident by the mere
submission of an email to the list.

/rg