[Asterisk-Users] slim server for moh

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Wed Mar 23 11:38:22 MST 2005

Hello,

I have installed SlimServer for Windows on my desktop and Asterisk on a Red Hat Linux machine.

I am able to play mp3's for music on hold when mp3s are on the Linux server, and to play streaming mp3's with Windows Media Player and Winamp on Windows using the slim server.

I also have mpg123 on my Linux, apparently installed correctly, since it works for local moh.

I put the following line on my musiconhold.conf

default=>custom:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-dummy,/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -s --mono -r 8000 -f 8192 http://10.0.0.90:9000/stream.mp3

where 10.0.0.90:9000 is my slim server.
On /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-dummy I have an empty mp3 file with 0bytes.

This doesn't work at all (for example using the following extension)

exten => 64,1,Answer
exten => 64,2,MusicOnHold(default)
exten => 64,3,Hangup

I have converted my mp3 files so that they have the following characteristics )but I don't really think this matters since when the music is on the Linux machine, without slim server, it works:

MPEG 2.5 layer 3
16kbit, 1385 frames
8000Hz Mono

Any help would be really appreciated!!!